Seeking Editor for DGS Newsletter
Retired? Work part time? Work full time but really organized? Have a way with words? Believe in the DGS Newsletter? Volunteer to be the Editor!!
The Publications Committee is working hard to make the Newsletter as relevant, useful, and entertaining as possible, but we need an editor to help us make it happen.
- following up with contributors of regular content and articles to meet deadlines
- editing submitted copy
- completing layout of newsletter
- managing publication schedule for each issue
- meeting with the Publications Committee as needed (much of this can be done via online communication – no attendance at Board Meetings is required)
- ability to edit/write clearly
- familiar with word processing/desktop publishing (Word, Publisher or similar)
- photo editing experience a plus
- acquainted with accepted standards for genealogy society publications
If interested, send an email to:
with details of your background and qualifications.