MacGen Reunion Group
Do you want to know the best software and equipment to make optimum use of your Mac for genealogical research and distribution?
Would you like to learn how to use the full power of the Reunion genealogy software for the Mac?
Come join us and bring your questions, dilemmas, and suggestions to our gatherings as we discuss all things Mac, getting the most out of your genealogical research! The meetings are free and open to the public and are held in a roundtable, open discussion format with a facilitator.
Where: 8th Floor of the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library (Directions), McDermott Room
Meeting Dates (unless otherwise noted, meetings are held at 1:00 p.m. every other month on the second Saturday of even-numbered months).
- April 11
- June 13 - We will introduce and demonstrate IBooks Author. This app allows individuals to create iBooks on a computer with the Macintosh X OS. Once the iBooks have been created, they may be viewed and read on a Mac computer, an IPad or an iPhone. This app has potential for the genealogist to create family stories, research results and share trips to ancestral locations with family and the genealogical community. It is also possible to place the iBook in the iTunes Store for downloading free or for sale.
- August 8
- October 10
- December 5 (2pm)
Recent MGRG handouts or discussion links.
- Placing Your Past handout from the Dec 6 presentation made by Carolyn Davis (PDF)
- PDF Document - How to Create a Book in Word From Your Reunion Report (15 Feb 2012)
- Genealogy Software for Macintosh from Dick Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter (June 13, 2010) discusses 13 genealogy programs for the Macintosh operating system: Read the article
- Sources, Citations & Reunion is a handout that reviews sources and citations and describes how to use Reunion genealogy software to cite sources. View the Handout
- DGS Blog Category Macintosh Genealogy is open for discussion about genealogy topics related to using the Macintosh platform, Reunion and other Mac genealogy software, Mac devices (iPhone, iPad) and Mac apps. After linking to the blog category, click on comments to read and add comments. View the Blog
Related Web Sites
- Reunion for Macintosh - check out the web site of Leister Productions, developer of Reunion, the powerful and user-friendly family tree software for Macintosh. The site lets you download the software and includes lots more information about Reunion: for the iPhone/iPod Touch and the iPad, tech support for Reunion 9 for the Mac, compatibility with Snow Leopard, and many other features.
ReunionTalk is a public, free, forum center for the discussion of Reunion for the Macintosh, iPhone and iPad. There are six forums (or threads): Using Reunion 9, Using Reunion for iPad, Using Reunion for iPhone, Using Software & Hardware with Reunion, Using Older Versions of Reunion, and Genealogy. Registration is required to post messages or reply to threads.