The Dallas Genealogical Society is excited to announce its Spring Lecture to be held on Saturday, March 21, 2015, “Genetic Genealogy Analysis and Tools; a Step Beyond the Beginner Level”.
Did your last lecture on DNA leave you with more questions than answers? Then please join us for a full day with noted professional genealogist Debbie Parker Wayne. Her presentations will review the basics as well as give you real-life analysis of DNA testing results.
- Genetic Genealogy Today: Review and Updates: A brief review of genetic genealogy basics such as the inheritance patterns of each type of DNA used for genealogy. This includes an introduction to some of the tools to be illustrated in later sessions.
- Genetic Genealogy Company Comparisons: Information on how to choose a DNA testing company, the pros and cons of each company’s offerings, and the tests available today.
- Tools and Applications for mtDNA: Illustration of a real-life case study using the latest tools and techniques to analyze mitochondrial DNA (passed along the matrilineal line).
- Tools and Applications for Y-DNA: Illustration of a real-life case study using the latest tools and techniques to analyze Y-DNA (passed along the patrilineal line).
- Tools and Applications for atDNA : Illustration of a real-life case study using the latest tools and techniques to analyze autosomal DNA (inherited through all ancestral lines).
Program details and registration instructions are on our web site – dallasgenealogy.org.
Debbie Wayne’s web site – debbiewayne.com.